Pawn Broker/Retail Sales/Loan Associate
Job Description: The primary responsibilities of the Pawn Broker / Sales /Loan Associate position are to maintain outstanding customer service, generate loans, sales, merchandising and develop repeat business and customers who willingly refer others to the company.
To treat customers with integrity and respect in a timely manner.
To support and maintain the mission statement of the company.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service.
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in the training and development of peers.
- Responsive of safety issues.
- Answer customers’ questions and provide accurate information on procedures and policies.
- To help our customers obtain a loan, fulfill a buy, or to purchase merchandise in a warm, friendly, customer service driven environment.
- Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise in store.
- Participate in the processing of inventory.
- Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards.
- Conscious of shoplifting activity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
- Be a fast learner, cheerful, with a positive attitude.
- A strong team player yet still able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Use proper authorized internal and external resources to effectively price merchandise customers bring in for loans and or to sell.
- Engage with customers to ensure that they are aware of options within the guidelines of doing business.
- Portray an approachable demeanor and provide assistance and help to other team members or customers.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge and safe handling precautions of firearms.
- Must be willing to learn or have existing knowledge of all products we sell.
- Previous experience in a retail environment.
- Basic knowledge of retail computer systems.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Basic math, reading and comprehension skills are necessary.
- Must pass required drug test and criminal background check.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- One year of pawn experience is preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry objects (50 pounds or more) as necessary.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time up to 8 or more hours.
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store efficiently and quickly.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, lean and climb stairs.
Job duties are not limited to the above description and are subject to change.
Job Type: Full-time & Part-time
Required Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Required Experience: Prefer retail sales: 1 year
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
INDICATE POSITION(S) DESIRED: